Welcome to Ocala International Horse Show
SPECTATORS ARE WELCOME! No admission fees!
The inaugural Ocala International Horse Show was held October 26 – 30, 2021, making it the first horse show for the American Saddlebred, Hackney Pony and Roadster show, with plenty of Open Breed classes for Morgan, Arabian, Dutch Harness Horse and other performance show horse breeds to be hosted in the exclusive new venue at the prestigious WORLD EQUESTRIAN CENTER in Ocala, Florida. With many reigning World Grand Champions in attendance, as well as exciting, up and coming pairs making debuts, the show lived up to its hype with exciting sessions, incredible backdrops and rave reviews from owners, trainers, exhibitors and spectators alike.
OCTOBER 25-29, 2022
The World Equestrian Center in Ocala is hosting world-class equestrian competition in all disciplines and equestrian-inspired country club living adjacent to the fabulous Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club. Dedicated to offering great sport and good fun in a family friendly environment, the World Equestrian Center promises their exhibitors a horse show experience built on three core values: Quality. Class. Distinction.
Slated to be the largest equestrian complex in the United States, the World Equestrian Center of Ocala will host World-Class events in a city that calls itself “The Horse Capital of the World.” WEC continues to add enhancements on a day to day basis, with significant projects moving forward during the ongoing construction of this one of a kind facility. The Ocala International Horse Show is excited to be a part of the first year of events and looks forward to an ongoing relationship and growth.
Nestled on 4,000 acres, WEC currently inhabits over 400 acres, with 300 additional acres in reserve for future building. The World Equestrian Center is a world-class multi-indoor and outdoor arena facility with state of the art amenities that can accommodate numerous different disciplines within the Equine Industry. For more information, please visit www.WEC.net.
Comments overheard by our photographer, Doug Shiflet, at the inaugural Ocala International Horse Show—
- “This is like a horse show on a cruise ship”
- “This place is amazing “
- “I haven’t had a bad meal”
- “Never need to leave for duration of show”
- “lighting is incredible”
- “Great shopping”
- “Feel safe here”
- “Lots of parking”
- “Built with horse first in mind”
- “Felt welcomed”
- “Staff at Equestrian Hotel so accommodating”
- “The RV and camper area is incredible”
- “Everybody seems so happy”
- “First horse show I can remember that I don’t want to leave”
- “This is great exposure for the American Saddlebred”
- “How many horses did you bring?”….”not enough!”
- “The stalls are huge”
- “With fans in every stall and the other amenities already in place it only took us 2 hours to completely set up”
- “The feeling is so good here that win or lose you’re happy”
- “I felt like I was on vacation”
- “Disneyland for Equestrians”